Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Charlie Shay!!

To celebrate Charlie's first birthday, Jeff took off on Friday and we all went to the Dallas World Aquarium. We weren't sure if she would be interested, or even notice the animals but when we got there she was loving the birds and monkeys and even looked excited to be seeing the animals. I was loving it! She would point and laugh at things and stare with amazement. I was so happy to see her taking it all in!

We walked through the rain forest and she loved pointing at the plants, even trying to take a leaf with us here and there. Here is a picture of us at the entrance near the waterfall. I love that smile!

Here Charlie is with Daddy laughing and clapping at something she saw that tickled her. Some of the time I caught her staring at other kids there. Maybe she thought they were part of the displays?? Daddy and I took turns carrying her around so she could get a good look at the animals, but she isn't a 10 pounder anymore and we had to keep shifting her back and forth frequently! One year olds are heavy! At least I got a good workout!

Well Charlie Shay, I hope you had a great day at the World Aquarium! On our way out we stopped in the gift shop and she found a little stuffed penguin, which is now named Penny. By the look on her face I think she really had a good time, but I know she is totally excited about her Strawberry Shortcake party that we had the next day....... more to come!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! I'm anxious to see the birthday photos. Holland had a strawberry shortcake party when she turned 2.

Amy Davis said...

Look at Charlie posing for the picture! How cute! How fun that ya'll took her to the Aquarium! I've always wanted to go there as well. Post pictures of her birthday party as well! I would love to see them!