Monday, July 14, 2008

Showers and Presents and Cake....Oh My!

Well, tonight was our very first baby shower, given to us (and Charlie) by our extremely generous and loving family. I personally have always loathed showers, what with the fancy fingerfoods and watching someone else spend all evening open more gifts than they can cram into their vehicle. But when it comes to having one thrown in my general direction, it's quite amazing just how nice it can be! We were blown away by all of the gifts we (and Charlie) received ranging from onesies to bassinets! My, how many things such a tiny baby requires! I think little Charlie is going to LOVE all of her clothes, toys, and places in which to lie. Or is it lay? Either way, she's going to be spending a lot of time sleeping, bathing, and playing in them.

The most interesting part of the evening was the very first "party game" that was decided upon. We all love these party games, don't we? You know, the ones where it's fun to humiliate someone for whom the party is thrown? It usually includes a blindfold or an embarassing story from their childhood. Apparently Karma decided that if I was planning on one day feeding my innocent baby girl nasty - yet nutritional - baby food, I too must endure the foul stench and unbelievably bland and disgusting flavors that corporate America has decided is humane enough to feed our tiny tots. Although quite mortified by this "fun" and "entertaining" adventure, there was a silver lining to be found. Now I can truly empathize with young baby as I feed her a medley of mashed carrots, squishy peas, gooey bananas and she returns the favor with puckered lips, squinted eyes, and a look towards me that says, "Why, Father?? Why??

Kyri and I are so excited and can hardly wait to see and hold our little bundle of joy. Thanks to our incredible family who have made it known to us and all the world that Charlie will always have a family that loves her more than she could ever imagine. Thanks also to Traci who created this unbelievably professional looking blog for us to write in. Keep up the good work sis!

Check out pictures of the shower if you get a chance at http://www.flickr.com/photos/jhardin73

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the gifts. You better get used to them - we're all excited about your church and friend shower next week!

Traci said...

Love the flickr badge! We had so much fun at the shower! Have you put all of Charlie's things up yet??

Erica said...

I just love to look at pictures of your family getting together to celebrate little Charlie! Love the name by the way:) Prayers are continually coming your way from our home to yours for many blessings. Love you all!

Tony and Lindsay said...

Hey guys!!
I can't wait to see pics of little Charlie!!! I love your blog! Congrats!! Kyri, you look great!
Lindsay

Traci said...

We want to see some pics!! :)